Saturday, August 7, 2010

coumadin level

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no on can fathom.

Sorry that I've not written in quite a while. I had a coumadin level check yesterday and it was perfect at 2.5!!! That was the first time to have it checked a month later so again, I get to wait for another month to have it checked. I am so happy about the level check. I also had blood drawn at the cancer center. I am to have Herceptin on Monday...my last treatment. Since it is my last treatment, I want to celebrate. First I thought we would just go out for dinner but now I am thinking of having a party at my house and invite my neighbors who helped out and some others who helped out and supported us. And if any of you live nearby, you are invited too. I will have it on saturday....august 14 in the evening. I am trying to think of what I can do for a memorable favor thing. Not sure yet. I am going to bake cookies for the nurses at chemo center and I want to buy a fish for their salt water fish tank. I went to Petco to check on what fishes they have so thinking of getting them a clown fish. I would get it on Monday except my son has a dr. appt before I go have my Herceptin so wouldn't be wise do that plus store doesn't open that early. I will ask to be sure it's okay to buy a fish and then do it shortly afterwards. I am doing great these days besides my "chemo brain". I still have joint stiffness and neuropathy in toes but other than that I am okay. Oh, sometimes I have the fatigue too. The other day we went on a field trip to see some painted rocks (Indian pictographs) and when the lady was talking, I was falling asleep and this was at 10 am. I was so embarrassed for what she said was interesting but I just do that at times. Well, thank you so much for keeping up with my journey...it's close to the end. Guess I can't say it's really over until I see the CT Scans in October but treatments are ending. Praise the Lord. I will say that the only thing I regret about my journey is the fact that I didn't have good church family at the time. I went to a church for 20 years that was family and they would have been right there for me (a couple were and they did pray for whenever I see someone like at the store, they ask how things are going with my treatments). But we had left that church 3 1/2 years prior to my having cancer then we were at a small church that would have been helpful but left it 1 1/2 years prior to the cancer. The church I go to now is large and even though some knew, they just weren't there to help out except one lady but I have known her for years through homeschooling. I really wish I had been in a better church but God used others like neighbors and friends and family to be my support group and I had to rely on Him so much more too. And my out of town friends were so encouraging with words, emails, cards, phone calls, prayers, etc. It all worked out so am thankful.....Love you all.

Psalm 145:7 They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Bless you so much, dear Kelly. You've kept such a great attitude through this "valley of the shadow of death." Your faith and fortitude have been so encouraging and such a good example for the rest of us. Your story helps us to remember that we just pass through bad times and the best of all shepherds guides and protects through them. I hope Larry is doing well; I remember hearing that he had a health scare recently. Love you, Trish.

Kelly said...

Thanks Trish for you sweet coments. Yes, Larry had some heart problems and they finally diagnosed him with a neurogenic cardio syncompe (in other words he faints due to blood vessels rushing blood in way too fast under certain conditions) He is to increase salt intake and exercise. There isn't any meds to really help and this won't kill him but something he just has to live with. Love you...