Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Treatment

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice!

Monday was a grand day for me!!! Had my last Herceptin treatment and boy, was I excited. I was to be there at 11 for Brandon had a doctor's appt. at 9:30 and I wanted to be sure there was plenty of time for his appt. Well, Brandon got in and out very quickly so there I was at 10 am and right next door to the cancer center so I called and they said I could come in early. Larry had planned to be with me while I had the last treatment. He had not seen the new chemo clinic. So, I messed up his plans but I told him not to worry for it usually takes 1 1/2 hours to have my treatment. He planned to come over at 10:30 but got stuck in his office with one of his employees and wasn't able to get away until 11. And wouldn't you know that of all days, my treatment was done in only 1 hour. I walked out of the chemo clinic and Larry was driving into the parking lot. Sorry Larry....I made chocolate chip cookies for the nurses and staff which they appreciated. Also, I talked to them about buying a fish for their tank so they told me where to go buy one for the owner of this shop cleans their tank and knows the fish that is in the tank already. I will do that soon. I always enjoyed watching the fish. After my treatment was done, Larry and I went out to lunch at Olive Garden with some friends to celebrate!!!! What fun we had. Our waitress was someone we all knew and she gave us lots of extra mints afterwards and those are my favorite mints. (Andes mint). Larry ended up taking the rest of the day off so after he got home, we spent time together playing cards. Sarah joined us for a couple of games. Had a nice relaxing day. It is hard to believe I am done with all the IV treatments. Went through 15 months of treatments. I will have to go back in a month to have my port flushed with heparin but that takes just a minute to do. Will go there when I have my next coumadin level checked since it's all in the same building. I will see the doctor on Oct. 20 after I have some cat scans. Thanks to all of you who have followed my journey and have prayed for me all these months. Thanks , Mom, for all you've done for me. God has used this journey to draw me closer to Him and to others. He has delivered me from cancer and I give him all the praise and glory for that. I know He has been there every moment helping me get through this tough time. He gave me the peace I needed to navigate through this journey. What a wonderful feeling that was to have that peace, knowing that God is with me and that He knows what is best for me even though I may not understand why I had to go through this journey. All I had to do was lean on him and trust Him for all things. I hope I passed the test....:). Love you all...... (oh, I will have a hamburger cookout this Sat. around 6 pm...welcome to come...just let me know)

Isaiah 48:17 This is what the Lord says: I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

No comments: