Friday, November 5, 2010

Hair and meeting


My hair is finally growing and still curly!!! My bangs are just about long enough to get it cut. I am going to put up a picture of my hair so you can see. I went to the breast cancer support group that we have in my town. I've not been in several months. Since we have a new cancer center, they remodeled the place where I last had chemo into a cancer empowerment room that has a beauty place so women can have someone help them with wigs and makeup. Wow, it's very nice. Wish it had been there when I was going through chemo. Most of the women at the meeting have been coming so they all had nametags but there wasn't one for me. That is what I get for not going. lol The last time I went, I was wearing my wig so I am guessing no one really recognized me for one lady asked if this was my first time to go. Awhile back, they gave us these cute bracelets and yesterday I received a charm that has 2010 on it to put on my bracelet. Each year we will get a new charm. New people are leading the group so that was different for I really liked the doctor that was leading it. Two other ladies finished their chemo about the time I did so they are getting hair too and we all have curly hair. lol. On Monday, I get my port taken out. I will be so happy. I have so enjoyed eating spinach lately and not having to worry about what I eat due to the blood thinner. However, I am trying to cut down the calories again for I was gaining weight. I have lost 3 1/2 pounds this week. I cut out all snacks and no desserts when at home. It has helped. Thanks for all your prayers and love. Love you all.

No comments: