Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doppler study

This morning I had a doppler study on my right arm which is really a sonogram. They were looking to see if I still have a clot or not behind my port-a-cath or anywhere else. They were training a new young lady and she had some difficulty doing it and took a long time but luckily I wasn't in a hurry. It was interesting watching and sometimes I wondered how in the world they could tell the difference between a vein and an artery. Anyway my doctor's office called me this afternoon to give me the results of the doppler studies. Praise the Lord!!! No clots were seen!! So, my doctor took me off Coumadin (blood thinner) today!! I was so excited...now I can eat whatever. I've been off spinach for over a year and I really like spinach, especially spinach salad. Also, I can eat cranberries again. Perfect timing since Thanksgiving is right around the corner plus I have a wonderful cranberry bread I like to bake. I went to Bible study tonight at church and we eat dinner there. Guess what was there? Spinach in the salad!!! Yummy!!! First time to eat spinach since May 30 2009!!! I will be having the port removed on November 8. I am beginning to feel normal again. What a wonderful feeling. Thanks for your prayers and love.

No comments: