Wednesday, October 6, 2010

coumadin level

Today I went in for a coumadin level which is to be between 2-3. It was 2.5 which is perfect!!! This is the 4th time to be where it needs to be . I am so happy that we finally have the dosage where it needs to be. I also went to the cancer center to have my port flushed with heparin. I told the nurse that I am hoping that this is the last time for I hope to get my port taken out by next month. Her dad just had his taken out and by the same dr. that I will have. She says that the port is taken out in the doctor's office. I didn't know for sure how it was done so I am glad to hear that so I won't have to go through day surgery. I hate having anesthesia for I get sick every time. I will have a CT Scan next Wednesday then I see the doctor on the 20th of October. Just 2 weeks away!!!

My hair is growing and still curly. I had a several compliments today but it's starting to drive me crazy. Yes , can you believe I actually said that. There is one section that sticks out. I try curling it under with curling iron then hair spraying it. I don't usually have short and curly hair so not sure how to fix it up. I am also trying to decide whether to get a haircut or let it grow out some more. Decisions, decisions. But I am so happy to have hair!!!!

My energy level is the same...some days I am so tired and can fall asleep easily. I read books to the boys during lunch and sometimes I almost fall asleep. They laugh at me. It is funny, I'm sure. Then there are days that I am just fine. Still have joint stiffness so will be glad when port is out so I can take some medication to help. I can't right now since it will interact with the Coumandin that I take.

This past Saturday, my hospital had a "Pink Ribbon Run" for raising funds for our cancer center's educational room. My whole family participated. Most of us walked the mile but Brandon ran the 5K and came in 4th for his age group. It was his first time to run a race. He loved it and is going to run another 5K for Down Syndrome in a couple of weeks. A friend of his ran too and came in first in his age group and 2nd overall. We all got free t-shirts for being in the Pink ribbon run. I am getting quite a collection of pink shirts for being a cancer survivor. lol. Well, thanks for keeping up with me on reading this post. I'm sorry I don't post very often but there just isn't alot to say. Love you all.

No comments: