Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reflection of last year

I was thinking about what I was doing last year at this time. I was taking chemo and having a hard time keeping up with school with the boys. The boys were good about doing their school work but I was awful in taking the time to grade papers, especially essays, etc. This year I am more organzied and have been keeping up with their papers and school work. It is so nice not to be going off to the doctors and chemo clinic, etc every week. Seems like last year, I had somewhere to go at least once a week and sometimes more. Last year the boys couldn't drive but this year they can so it's nice that I am not going to town very much. I wish Christopher was driving last year but that didn't happen. It was hard to get that drivers ed done so that is something we aren't doing either this year. This year is just a smoother year. I am glad about that.

Another reflection that Larry had. My hair started to grow back at this time so what I have now is a year's worth of hair growth!!! Hard to believe. Since I've not had to use a blow dryer since May 2009, I can't find mine now. lol. I wanted to use it the other day but couldn't find it. I think I put it up somewhere but not sure. Need to do some more looking. Maybe I let my daughter have it but I don't think so.

I bought some medications over the counter to help with the joint stiffness but found out that it will interact with my blood thinner, Coumadin, so I can't take it. Bummer. Hopefully I will be off Coumadin by Novemeber so will save the medication until I can use it. Well, life is definitely much better for me this year!!!! I am looking forward to going to the mountains with my mom this weekend. What fun---just mom and daughter time. Love you all....

No comments: