Friday, June 18, 2010

coumadin level, heat problems

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Went today for a coumadin level check and it was fantastic for once. The level was 2.4!!! Finally got the level to where it needs to be. I don't have to go back for another 3 weeks. The newest thing I've been doing is trying to lose weight. I am doing this mainly by cutting out the desserts and snacks. I've lost 6 pounds so far, however, I went out to eat today. I tried to be somewhat good so we'll see tomorrow if I gained weight or not. I'm so bad about losing then gaining it all back in one meal. I am surprised that I've been doing great without any sweets since I have such a sweet tooth. No cravings yet so I am feeling good about it. I gained weight during chemo time and just trying to get through cancer treatments. Guess I just ate whatever. :) Then I gained alot when my dad got cancer and died---too many sweets around. Time to lose weight.

I have a little job this summer which is keeping me busy. I take my neighbor's 2 kids to the pool and this past week I took them to tennis camp then to the pool. Yesterday we were outside from 10 am to 4 pm. I got home and started to feel really bad---had chills, muscle aches and a headache. I went outside to warm up and still had chill bumps when Larry came home. I felt really exhausted too but somehow was able to manage to fix dinner but right after I ate, I laid down and took a long nap. When I woke up, I felt really hot and took my temp---100.3. I think I had some kind of heat exhaustion. I'm going to have to be more careful---drink more water. I was also sunburned....I was in the shade all day and didnt' feel hot but guess I should be sure to use sunscreen and drink lots and lots of water.

Today was the first time someone looked at my driver's license and noticed that my hair is different. It happened at Walmart. The cashier asked what happened to my long hair. So I told her. Her mom had chemo 3 times and each time her hair came back darker and curlier. Well, I hope this is the only time I have to have chemo. Well, thanks for your love and support and prayers. Love you all......

Roman 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: