Saturday, June 5, 2010

Coumadin level

Isaiah 12:5 Sing to the Lord for He has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.

I had my coumadin level checked yesterday. Finally it has gotten to the level it needs to be but it's at 2.0 which is at the low end. I need to be between 2.0-3.0 so the head nurse decided to up my dosage just a tad bit to try to get me in the middle. I got scratched today by a kitten and it bled easily so guess my blood thinner is working.

The doctors' building where my onocologist, chemo clinic, and coumadin clinic is located has been under construction--building on a whole new section. (Three stories). The first story in the new area is the new cancer clinic. It is now complete so I got to go there yesterday to have blood drawn since I have a doctor's appt and herceptin on Monday. I haven't seen the whole clinic yet but what i have seen, I was quite impressed. The waiting room is 10 sizes bigger!!! It even has a fridge with drinks that you can help yourself and crackers and the TV is bigger. Each receptionist has their own desk and a huge area behind them for the copy machine, etc. The area is about 5-6 times bigger than they had before. The lab tech had her little area in the store room before and now she has her own room with the sign "Lab" on the door (she mentioned that to me). I peeked into the chemo clinic and saw that it was bigger and I hear that at each chair, there is a TV for each person. I will let you know more when I go there on Monday. Can't wait to see the rest of the area. I know they are so happy to have the new space and there is space to add another doctor which is what my doctor wants. While the construction was going on, the chemo clinic had to move downstairs in a very tiny area so they have been cramped for several months so I am sure they are happy to be in the new area. I figured that I have 4 more Herceptin treatments left to enjoy this new area. They should have their own pharmacist again which will make things go faster.

I have been busy grading papers and doing report cards for the past week or so. I didn't realize how behind I was until I started grading....way behind. Then I realized that this has been a tough school year with me having chemo, then radiation and living in San Antonio, then my dad getting cancer and dying. Three major things in one school year!!! But we made it and all papers are graded and report cards done along with updating transcripts!! Whew....now I can begin to enjoy summer!!! Praise God!!!

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

No comments: