Thursday, July 1, 2010

Doing well

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I am so sorry that I've not posted in quite a while. I am feeling much better these days. My fatigue is even better....still get tired at times but not like it was. Praise the Lord. I had Herceptin this past Monday (June 28) and all went well. The nurse scared me though for she had trouble getting a blood return from my port. They always check to be sure the port is working by pulling back the syringe to see if blood comes out of the port. They have never had any problems with my port. So, here it is near the end of my treatments and I thought my port was acting up. The nurse decided that the needle was next to the edge. She finally got some blood back so all is well. I have only 2 more Herceptin treatments left. Yea!!! I plan to have my port taken out when the treatments are done so that means I will have to have surgery to have it removed. It will be simple and a day surgery procedure but I hate having surgery. Oh, well.....

My hair is growing. The front is finally down to the bottom of my ear lobes. It's somewhat curly in the back but I hear that it's like baby hair and will grow straight after awhile. I will get someone to take a picture of me soon so I can post it and you can see it. I am liking it much better.

We have a horse and the farrier came out last week to shoe the horse's hooves. Turns out he has rectal cancer and we have the same doctor so we enjoyed conversing about our cancer and treatments, etc. He wears a pump to have his chemo infusing all day long for 5 days in a row. He is doing this for 6 weeks. It doesn't make him sick so he just carries on like usual but he gets tired. My brother-in-law just has a few days left of his radiation treatments so I know he will be happy to have that behind him. Hopefully all is well. I think he'll have a PSA test soon but not sure about that.

I still have problems with chemo brain (so they call it) where I can't always come up with the correct word or name of things. My kids tell me that I am just getting old but I know that it is from the chemo because I wasn't that bad before cancer. Oh, well....it's not too bad so I won't complain.

Tonight is our breast cancer support meeting but not sure I will go or not. I learn some things there but really find it hard to meet people there. It's a rainy day here and I don't have to go to town, so it will be real easy just to stay home. I've been busy this summer babysitting some kids so not home alot. Thanks for checking up on me. Love you all.....Keep praying for me!!

Galatian 6:2a Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

No comments: