Monday, May 17, 2010

Herceptin

Jeremiah 29 :11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.



Today I received herceptin. Just 3 more months then I will be done with the herceptin. Can't wait. Everything went well....My blood pressure was fantastic and they got my medicine quickly so I wasn't there too long. The clinic where I take my Herceptin and had chemo had to move to a smaller space back in the late summer or so for they are adding on to the building. All of the cancer stuff will be on the first floor and all together. It should open the first part of June so when I go get my next herceptin and have my doctor's appt. I will get to be in the new building. I go on June 7. I hear that it's much bigger than the old one and of course lots bigger than the area they have had to be in while waiting. I'm glad I will get to have treatments in the new building.



My hair is growing and getting quite wavy. It's thick too. Will be glad when it's much longer but am happy that I have hair. Still can't do much with it though. I am so tired today...not sure why. Might take a nap here soon. I tried to sleep while getting herceptin but noisy there.



My brother-in-law started his radiation last week. I am thinking that today will be his 3rd day.



It was a year ago when I had my first chemo treatment---May 19!!! So hard to believe that a year has gone by. I was listening to a couple of ladies talk about their chemo treatments while I was receiving my herceptin. Brought back memories...and not the happy ones either. I am glad that part of my life is over. I am so thankful for all of you who prayed for me during those days. I couldn't have made it without those prayers. This Friday is the relay for life and I am excited about walking the survivor lap. Come on out and watch---at 7 pm at the university's track stadium. Love you all.....

Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes, its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and neveer fails to bear fruit.

No comments: