Monday, May 3, 2010

brother in law

Psalm 37: 3-5 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.

Sorry I haven't written in a week. The days went by so fast last week; or so it seemed. lol. I've been feeling pretty good but just still battling with fatigue. I'm afraid it's something that I will have to battle with for awhile. I'm sure many of you can relate for some time or other in your life, you've had that same battle whether from pregnancy, raising kids, sickness, etc. You just make yourself go on when there are things to do. The only medical thing I have this week is a coumadin level on Friday. I hope it's good this time.

My brother-in-law whose prostate cancer is not completely gone will be having 38 radiation treatments--hopefully starting next week. Apparently there isn't a problem with the skin burning like in breast cancer for they go in deeper. Lucky him--I'm glad he doesn't have to deal with that. It will be just an annoyance in having to go in to do the treatments every day plus it ruined their vacation plans that they had already made. What a bum deal for him and family but his boys were so good about it for they said they would rather have their dad than the vacation. I just pray that the radiation gets all the cancer this time.

I had been praying for a lady named Paula who had ovarian cancer. I don't know her personally but knew her brother back in high school. He and I had just gotten connected on facebook when his sister was diagnosed and they had a blog thing on facebook--called a group page--Praying for Paula. I sent her several scriptures that helped me during my battle with cancer and encouraging words. She really had a tough time for the cancer had spread and she fought courageously and had lots of strength and faith but she passed away this past week. I was deeply touched by it for some reason and cried. I know she is better off now for she won't have to suffer anymore. Made me realize how fortunate I was that I didn't have to face the hard things that she had to go through. Also , a good friend of mine, Heather (hi Heather) lost a good friend of hers about the same time to cancer. He had been battling his cancer for years. I had prayed for him too.....he isn't suffering anymore either. These losses made me really think hard about cancer and how lucky I am. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me. Our town is having a Relay for Life (a fundraiser for cancer) on May 21. I will be there....walking the survivor walk and thinking about the people I know who have lost their lives to cancer. Come and walk or at least go to the Relay for Life if you live in our town or whenever your town has one. It's a worthy cause!!!! I went last year just to see what it was all about....enjoyed the speeches of people who had cancer...what inspirations they were. Two of them died this past year too. How sad.....

II Thessalonians 2:16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

No comments: