Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who read my blog. I am so thankful that I am here to celebrate another Mother's Day. Last year, at this time, I was getting ready to start chemo...had surgery for port placement a few days before. I remember thinking that I hope to celebrate many more Mother's Day so here is the first Mother's Day after surviving cancer!!!! Praise the Lord!! I hope each of you that are mom's have a great Mother's Day too. Happy Mother's Day to my own mom. She has been a great supporter through my whole journey with cancer. Love you Mom....I appreciate all the wonderful things you have done for me....going with me to chemo, taking care of me afterwards, the phone calls and emails always checking up on me, faithfully reading my blog, the sweet gifts, going with me to pick up boys from Worldview camp (that was a fun trip), praying, and just loving on me. I love you , Mom.

I had a coumadin level done on Friday. It was still low but a tad bit higher than the previous level. It was 1.8. The nurse was afraid to increase my dosage except she just increased Friday's dose. She thinks that they are checking it too much and should give it time for the higher doses to catch up in my body. We just can't figure out why it's low. I am now wondering if that new cancer medication is the reason. I started that in Feb. I will ask the next time I go which will be in 2 weeks. I worked all day yesterday cleaning my house which really tired me out and today I feel so stiff. Didn't do anything that strenous so not sure why my body feels like I've gone on a hike. lol. My hair is growing so slowly but at least I have hair and it's thick. It seems before cancer that my hair was fast growing for I was always needing to cut my bangs. It has grown so won't complain. I am trying to learn not to complain about my hair....I am happy that I have some.

I think that my brother-in-law starts his radiation treatments this next week. He is ready to get it started and going so he can be done with it. Thanks for all your prayers and support. Love you all. Again....Happy Mother's Day. And to the ones who aren't moms yet and to the ones who are moms, tell your mom that you love them.

Proverbs 31:29-31 Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

No comments: