Monday, April 19, 2010

coumadin level

John 14:1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

I went for my coumadin level today and it was low again. She questioned me about why it could be so low and we could not come up with anything so she increased my dose. It was 1.7 which is what it was the last time. Needs to be in the 2's. A low number means that my blood is thicker than it needs to be which increases my chances for blood clots. Will be checked again next Monday. I was really tired today so took 2 small naps---one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I had a hard time driving this morning due to being so tired. I woke up why too early and couldn't go back to sleep so that may be why I am so tired plus the Arimidex makes me tired. Ugh....I hate that tired feeling. However, I was productive today and got lots of cleaning done so the little naps helped tremendously.

This afternoon I found out that my brother-in-law's PSA test was not good. After having his prostate surgery, the PSA result should be 0 and it was a 3. The doctor is recommending radiation treatment. He is young--in upper 40's. I am glad they found it since men usually don't have the test until they are in their 50's. Please pray along with me that the radiation will kill off all cancer cells. His name is Jim. My family has had a tough time with cancer....not sure why but we will trust God in all things and give Him thanks for what He will do!!! He is an awesome God!!! Thanks for all your love and prayers. Tomorrow is my heart test. Hope it all is well...so far it's been good!!!!

Job 2:10b Shall we accept good from God and not trouble?

1 comment:

Trish Lambert said...

Kelly, you are amazing as you go through this tough valley with the Lord. Your joy still radiates in spite of the several trials that have come your way. I like the short hair; it really brings out your eyes and smile! You are all in our prayers. Love, Trish Lambert