Sunday, April 18, 2010

survivor

Luke 17:19 Then he said to him, "Rise and go, your faith has made you well."

I had my lumpectomy a year ago on April 14 so technically I can say I have been cancer free for a year, for when they did the surgery, all of the cancer was taken out at that time!!!! I am truly a one year survivor. Praise God!!! I was at Walmart the other day and ran into one of my chemo nurses who saw me first and called me by name. Oh, yes....I go to the chemo clinic often enough that they know me by my name. lol. I used to be an onocologist nurse back in 1981 when I first got into nursing. I got to thinking how nice it must be for a chemo nurse like Brenda (who I saw at Walmart) to see one of your patients in the store and doing so well. When I was an onocologist nurse, I had so many patients die that it was quite sad. I am so thrilled to be a survivor!!! I hope to live many more years.

I have a busy medical week this coming week. I have a coumadin level check tomorrow on Monday, a heart test on Tuesday and then blood work to check out my cancer markers on Wednesday. Next Monday on April 26, I see the doctor and also receive herceptin again. I've gained weight so should try to lose it before seeing the doctor. lol. Yikes.....

I haven't taken down all my cards yet, doing it slowly and everytime I take a card down and reread it, floods of memories come rushing forth. You all have been sweet with your encouraging words and love....thanks. Have a great day.

Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you , I always pray with joy.....

No comments: