Saturday, April 3, 2010

mammogram

Psalm 66:1 Shout with joy to God, all the earth!! Sing the glory of his name, make his praise glorious.

I received my mammorgram results the other day ---the test showed no signs of cancer!!! Praise the Lord!!! What a way to start out the month of April!!! I am praying that this month will be a good month. I don't think I like March!!! lol.

My dad's memorial service was yesterday. It was very nice. He was cremated and we received his ashes on Thursday night. My step and half brothers went to get them and when they walked in the house, my stepmom bursted out in tears but before long my stepbrother made a funny comment and she laughed. We made a big deal of putting my dad's ashes in the urn. You are probably wondering what the ashes came in. The ashes are in a bag and the bag was in a dark colored box which then was placed in a cardboard box. We took the bag out and put the whole bag with ashes into the urn which my stepmom bought at Hobby Lobby. My stepbrother said" Okay, Dad, here is your new home" Of course, I know that it's just his body in ashes for really he is in heaven with God now. We sealed the urn with roofing sealant (my stepbrother owns a roofing company). I don't know where she'll keep the urn especially as she is going home with her daughter for the summer. We now will be busy packing up the rest of the house and putting her stuff into storage until she decides where she wants to live. I am getting her backyard stuff today (she has tons of it) to store at my house. I am going to make a "memory" garden with her stuff.

At the service, I found out that my cousin, Randy's, wife had pancreatic cancer 15 years ago and she is one of the 10% who survived for it was caught very, very early. Her dentist could tell by her jaw bone that something was amiss for she was losing bone in her jaw. He strongly encouraged her to see her dr. and she did and they ran tests and found the cancer. Isn't that amazing. So, guess we better be sure to see our dentists faithfully. I already do for I have gum disease so I am encouraging the rest of you to do the same. And don't forget to get your mammograms done too. Praying that you all have a Happy Easter!!! Love you all!! Happy Easter to my mom, & sister, Marcy, KK, Deja, Stephanie, Melissa, Ann Marie, Kay, Lisa, and all the others who follow my blog.

I Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God!!!

No comments: