Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Father

I Thessalonians 4:13 Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

I am so sorry I've not written in several days. I've been very busy helping to care for my father during his last days. He passed away yesterday--March 30--after several hours of intense suffering. However, in his last days, he did some funny things that we'll have fond memories of. I wrote in my last blog of some of those things and then on Monday he wanted to watch the car race so we got him in a recliner chair and he wanted to wear his youngest son's baseball hat so he did. I wish I had taken a picture--it was quite cute. There will be a memorial service for him on Friday so keep us in your prayers as we go through that. My stepmom not only lost her husband but she loses her home too and possibly have to start a whole new life in a new town which mean she loses her friends and church too. We have lots of the her house already packed up but there will be more packing this weekend and her stuff will be stored in a storage place until she decides exactly where she'll be. I will be storing her outdoor stuff--she has tons of stuff--at my place. I will really miss my father and stepmom since I went to their house quite often since they lived in town and I live in the country--their house was my in-town home.

I had my first mammogram since being diagnosed with cancer. I don't know the results yet. But I had forgotten that they put clips in my breast where the tumor was taken out. The tech let me see the pictures showing my clips. I have 6 clips inside. I also had a bone density test. Hope everything comes out okay. I'll keep you posted. I am to have Herceptin next week. Thanks for your prayers and concern.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Kelly,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my prayers,
Sherri Brown