Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday

Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

I'm sorry I've not posted in a while. Just not alot to say plus I've been busy and tired. I just can't seem to get enough sleep at night. I wake up way too early and can't get back to sleep so I'm getting about 5 hours of sleep. Even the days I can sleep in, I wake up and lay in bed trying to go back to sleep. Oh, well.....sometimes I can grab a nap but other times I just keep plugging on. lol.

I've not worn my wig for a week now. I'm starting to get used to the stares. I hated the first time I went to the store for I felt so weird and was very self conscious. But I'm beginning to relax about it. I've had several nice comments from people I know. On Wednesday nights I work with children and I'm sure they wondered why my hair was so short and different color. Before dismissing the older kids to their class, I explained to them why my hair was the way it is--reminded them that I had cancer and had chemo therefore I lost my hair and now it's growing back. I laughed and told them that I know it looks funny and like a boy's haircut but it will grow. Well, it was cupcake day (we celebrate birthdays for that month with cupcakes once a month) and one of the older girls told me that I didn't look funny but cute. Ahhhh, how sweet.

Tomorrow I see the onocologist and receive Herceptin so will be a busy day. I went to get blood work on Friday and there was a different lab tech and she couldn't get blood on the first stick and boy, did she hurt me for she had to dig around. I missed Ann who usually draws my blood. Oh, well....I recovered. My dad was put on Hospice which has been a good thing for they are so helpful and they give him whatever he needs for free. They completely changed all his medications and he some problems with one medication so was feeling worse for a couple of days but now is some better. He says he is ready to go and wishes the rest of the kids would come see him. He isn't bedridden but doesn't have the energy to do much but at times will fix his own meal. He was the one always who cooked the meals, not my stepmom. lol. I've been there almost every day at some time or another. Just continue to pray for the family as I know there are going to be rough days ahead. Thanks for your care and prayers.

I Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him , because he cares for you.

No comments: