Thursday, March 18, 2010

Doctor's visit

Colossians 3:1-2 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

Went to see the doctor on Monday and had herceptin that day too. The doctor says everything is looking good. I had cancer markers drawn and the level is 21.7 which is good for me. No signs of cancer. I am due for a mammogram this month (the 3oth). On the 16th is when I had a mammogram last year that showed the cancer. Hope this next one is good looking. I've done self-breast exams and haven't found anything. I do have cysts at times so I'm wondering how I will feel emotionally when I do feel something ---will have to hope it's just a cyst. No problems in receiving the Herceptin. The nurses at the chemo clinic mentioned that my hair is coming in thick. I'm sure they see many women with hair growing back. My hair has always been thick anyway. I can tell that it's growing but seems so slow. I have a horrible time with the hair around the crown of my head for it's shorter and I guess I have a cowlick there. Such a pain to fix. lol. I still don't like the stares I receive when i go to the stores or wherever but I just try to ignore them.

My dad has his ups and down days. He ate dinner well last night but was nauseated in the morning. He gets tired easily and company really tires him so my boys rearranged his bedroom so he could be in there with his recliner and it's more peaceful and quiet. My step-sister from Indiana comes in today but flies into Midland so I have to go pick her up. My youngest brother and his family are coming tomorrow. They are spending the night with us on Friday. Thanks for your prayers. Love you all. It has been fun to find out who is following this blog--hi Marcy!!!

I John 5:14-15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.

No comments: