Monday, March 8, 2010

Hair, wig

I Samuel 16:7 ...the Lord sees not as man sees, for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks in the heart.

This weekend I decided it was time to "come out of the wig". Yep, I am going out into the world without my wig. Believe it or not, I did it for the first time going to a wedding. I knew there would be people there I've not seen in awhile and they may not have seen me in my newest wig plus I knew it's about time to go without my wig. Our hairdresser was encouraging me to go without. I don't care for the short hair and I don't really like people staring at me , but I did it anyway. I'm sure it's a shock to see me in such little hair. Just think, last year at this time, I had long. long hair. It will grow. I went to church too without the wig and today I went to get my coumadin level checked and didn't wear the wig. By the way, my coumadin level was 2.3 which is where the level needs to be. Hooray. that is two times in a row that I've had good levels so now I don't have to be rechecked for a month. I found out today that I'm not be drinking green tea. I've been doing that in the past and that could be one reason I've had poor results. I haven't been drinking it lately for I've been drinking hot chocolate instead. No one told me not to drink green tea or maybe I forgot. Each month they do some kind of educational talk and today was foods that contain high levels of Vit. K. Why can't I have Vit. K? Well, it will thicken my blood and we are trying to keep the blood thin so I won't have a blood clot. Back to the wig, I did wear my wig to my daughter's theatre for I've been going there every evening to fix Sarah's hair for the play she's in and these people really don't know me and by next week, I'll be done going there so why shock those kids. lol. I've not gone into a store yet....guess that is coming soon.

You may be wondering how my dad and the family is doing. He is doing okay--pain has lessen since his pain medication was increased. We had a good talk on Sat. about my relationship with him, heaven, and dying. He is a believer and knows he is going to heaven but being a typical man, wants to know how it all works--going to heaven that is. My stepmom was in a good mood that day and being strong (Prayers are working) and she and I were telling him how wonderful it's going to be, reminding him that we may not know exactly how it all works but it doesn't matter, it's better than being on earth and he'll be free from pain, etc. My stepmom even gave him pemission to go when he is ready. So proud of her. I think it is so important for a spouse or family member to say, it's okay to go. He's not ready yet but when the time comes, he'll know that he doesn't have to keep fighting to stay alive. He has lots of humor most times so we were trying to be jovial and telling him to throw down bits of gold from heaven to let us know he's there and doing okay. :) Anyway, it was a great talk. Glad I had that time with him. Was able to tell him thanks for being in my life these past 14 years. He teared up and said he wished he could have earlier in my life but didn't want to cause problems with kids trying to decide where to be loyal to which parent, etc. Didn't want to disturb our lives. I told him that it doesn't matter for I have enjoyed getting to be his daughter for the past 14 years when he moved to my town. He has been a good grandad for my kids too. Thanks for your prayers for me and for my family as we go through the days ahead.

Isaiah 33:2 O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

No comments: