Friday, March 26, 2010

Anniversary

Isaiah 12:4 Give thanks to the Lord , call on His name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that His name is exalted.

One year ago on this day, I was diagnosed with breast cancer!!! I am now a one year survivor!!! Praise God! It's not a year I would like to repeat but God was with me every step of the way and He's an amazing God for I saw him work in so many ways in my life that I can say was quite amazing. It's a year that when looking back, I saw many people who care for me in ways I didn't know. People have come into my life that I didn't even know but have come to know whether through the mail, computer, or face to face. I am so thankful for each of you who have followed my journey. I didn't start this blog a year ago but you have certainly been there when I did and throughout the rest of my journey. I appreciate your love and concern. I appreciate my family more than ever too--they have all been my great supporters--thanks Mom and Khristi!!! Thanks to my husband too who has been so faithful and loving through all the hardships I've caused him. lol. He's not complained but has been there for me. Cancer is not a fun thing but I have discovered that it' not the worse thing either especially if you have a good prognosis. I will be grateful for each day God gives me. I can not say I am cured of breast cancer for it can come back at any time (or maybe never) but at the moment, I am cancer free!!! Praise God!!!!

Some of you might want to know how my dad is doing. Unfortunately, there are cancers that have a bad prognosis like his but God is with him too. Wednesday was not a good day for him. He was put on oxygen and was really tired. He had taken his medications wrong which messed him up. He now does not have his meds next to him--someone else gives it to him. The nurse puts the pills in the pill boxes so all we have to do is just give the pills at the appropriate time. He was starting to hallucinate but they have since given a pill to help decrease that problem. The nurse talked to us about the progress of decline and death which was hard for my stepmom and stepsister to hear. As I nurse, I already knew these steps and handled it okay with just a few tears. But yesterday, my dad had a completely different day--the meds kicked in I guess. By the afternoon, he was alert and very talkative. He went outside to inspect his son's new truck, ate well, and didn't take a nap---bet he was wore out at bedtime. Today the funeral home is to come and talk about his memorial service. I hope I can be there then but not sure when they are coming. Please keep praying...his day is coming but only God knows when that day is. Love you all.

Job 14:5 Man's days are determined ; you have decreed the number of his months and have set the limits he cannot exceed.

No comments: