Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday

II Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you fo rmy power is made perfect in weakness.

I have a week where there is not a single medical thing that I have for myself---yea!!! I do have a mammogram and bone density test next week. It will be a year that I was diagnosed with cancer this Friday. Hard to believe it's been that long but I am glad that the hard stuff is behind me. I have been sleepy alot and I think it's the Arimidx medication that is causing that. I can get a good night's sleep and am still tired especially in the afternoon. In fact, I think I will take a nap after writing on this blog. I'm not a nap person but I've discovered that if I can squeeze in a little nap, it helps.

My dad has his up and down days. Yesterday he told me that he thought he was sinking fast and was hoping he could make it to Saturday when his youngest son and grandson arrive from Indiana. I asked him why he thought he was sinking and it was because he is so tired. His pain medication makes him tired and they had increased his dosage recently. I didn't tell him that he probably has to go through much more before he has sunk(vomiting, not eating....)!! He is ready to go and wants to go. I caught him crying the other day when I went to another town to pick up his daughter from Indiana. He said he didn't want to be causing so much trouble for everyone. I assured him that we don't see it as a burden for we love him. Today I heard that he was sitting up at a table to eat dinner which is something he hasn't done in quite a while. Sounds like he is having a good day. I will be seeing him this afternoon. I try to go everyday. Pray for him and the family . Thanks. Love you all.....

Jeremiah 31:13 I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

No comments: