Thursday, April 8, 2010

Herceptin & coumadin level

Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

On Monday I had my coumadin level. It was low--1.7 which means my blood wasn't thin enough. I haven't been eating the way I normally do due to caring for a sick father and then dealing with his death. Hopefully it will get better now that I can start eating my normal foods. It is amazing how getting off your diet can really mess up your system. I've also gained weight due to eating way too many sweets. I usually do not have desserts at my house every day or even often but when people sentdover food, they like to send desserts too. It was tasty, but now I really need to start exercising more and eating less.

I had my Herceptin also on Monday. Of all days, they got so behind on everything. I had to wait quite awhile at the coumadin clinic. I got skipped for the tech didn't see my name and they were short a person. Then at the cancer clinic, the pharmacist went to a meeting right before my order for herceptin orders were faxed over. I had to wait extra time and that particular day, I had my boys with me which is unusual plus I needed to go help my stepmom and her kids pack her up to move. Oh, well...those things happen.

I have worked hard this week helping pack up my stepmom's house. I am so exhausted but now I can start to rest.....lol...well, some rest anyway. My stepmom has left to go to Indiana for a few months and all her stuff is stored Now I need to clean my own home and reorganize it since I have some of her stuff to store and some of it to keep. I am also itching to work in my yard to plant flowers. I didn't get to do all I wanted to do last spring due to getting cancer and having chemo and now I had my dad's cancer to deal with it. But, hopefully I can find some time soon to work in the yard.

I cant' remember if I told you all that my husband has skin cancer. He had minor surgery for it and found out yesterday that they think they got it all. Yea !!! He was worried that they would have to go back in and take out more since he had this cancer for over a year. I hope we won't hear the word cancer from anyone else for a long time!!!! I am so tired of it. I think....surely, God, this is enough. I don't think I can take anymore but then I realize that God knows what I can take so I will just have to keep trusting in Him.

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever for the Lord, teh Lord is the Rock eternal.

No comments: