Monday, February 1, 2010

Doctor's visit

Psalm 37:3-4 Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in teh Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Today was a busy day. First I had my coumadin level checked. Last time it was high at 3.5 and this time it was even higher at 3.7. That means my blood is too thin. So they changed my dosage. I can't think of anything that I am doing that would make the level high. After that, I went to the onocologist--just down the hall. All my blood tests and echocardiogram (heart test) was good. No problems there. I asked him about the stiffness I am having. He said that chemo makes you age and it could be a type of arthritic problem. It might go away but if it doesn't, then he'll send me to an arthritis doctor. He started me on a new medication called Arimidex which keeps estrogen from being produced. Even though I don't have any ovaries, my body still produces some estrogen. This medication does have side effects and each person is different. He said that the most common side effect is bone pain (oh, great...along with my stiffness) and hot flashes. I am already taking medication for hot flashes so hoping that it will continue to help with the hot flashes. Other side effects are weight gain (please...no), headaches, dizziness, back pain, and a host of others. I took my first pill this afternoon. I will be taking this medication for 5 years so hoping it's not too bad.

After the doctor's visit, I had Herceptin which went well. I was really sleepy today so tried to take a little nap. It was pretty quiet except the nurses talking among themselves and just as I was falling asleep, a sweet lady comes bursting in with a loud "hello everyone" to bring goodies for the nurses. Oh, well...my medicaiton was just about done so needed to wake up. lol. Thanks for your prayers and just pray that the side effects won't be bad. I was just enjoying feeling good these days. Sigh.....:) Love you all......

Psalm 36: 5-7 Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulnees to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains , your justice like the great deep. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

No comments: