Monday, February 22, 2010

Herceptin and rash

Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the glorious riches of Christ Jesus

My rash is looking better--light pink. However, it has spread to my other breast (underneath) but just one side of it. It doesn't bother me. I will be seeing my primary care dr. on Wednesday so will ask her what she thinks. I have been so tired lately but could be just a lack of sleep.

I had Herceptin today. There was a new pharamicst and she labeled my bag of Herceptin to be infused within an hour and my nurse didn't notice that is was slower than previously given. Usually they infuse it within 30 minutes. She apologized several times but it was okay---I was so tired that I took a nap there. :)

I keep a record of what each procedure, doctor visit, treatment, etc cost and how much insurance paid and how much we pay. The other day I was recording these amounts for I was quite behind in recording. I decided to add how much everything cost for 2009. However, I forgot to add in the whole bill of the radiation center in our town but did add how much we should have paid (which was over $17.000). Anyway, the amount was so much more than I expected---over $152.000!!!! I am so happy that we have a pretty good insurance company. Everytime I have Herceptin, it costs about $16.000!!! It won't be long before I am covered 100%. I know my husband will be glad when all my treatments are over so we won't have to hand out so much money for medical bills. It makes me understand better why there are so many fundrasiers for people who have cancer especially when they are not insured. Very expensive!!! Thanks for your care, love, and prayers.

Matthew 6:25, 33 Don't worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

No comments: