Thursday, February 18, 2010

hot flashes

Matthew 11: 28-29 Come me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, fior I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

My main problem is hot flashes. I seem to get them the most at night. I am taking medication to curb the hot flashes and it was working pretty well until I started the Arimidex and that is a big side effect. I seem to have 2-3 hot flashes a night and when I get them, boy am I hot. They will wake me up and that is probably why I'm so tired these days. Oh, well.....could be worse. At least the medicaton keeps me from having tons of hot flashes. It's really hard in the winter time for I am so cold-natured and like lots of blankets on me so when a hot flash occurs, I have to whip those blankets off which can be hard at times when I have several cats sleeping around me. lol. Poor cats!!! :)

I have blood work to be done tomorrow. One of the tests will be the cancer marker, I believe. Or maybe I get that one done when I see the doctor and I'm not seeing the dr. on Monday but just getting the Herceptin. I received my last card from my chemo angel and a sweet gift ( a pink heart that hangs up on the wall) that she made for the chemo angel organization told her that I am done with chemo. I will miss receiving her sweet and creative cards. I hope she gets a new person to send those cards to. She has been such a great encourager. Thanks AnnMarie!!! Thanks to you all for your prayers. A friend from high school has a sister just diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. He set up a facebook page for her called "Prayers for Paula" so I've been sending her verses that helped me through my cancer journey. I also told her how so many people prayed for me and I truly believe that is why things weren't too bad for me. God does hear and He is a great and mighty God!!!

James 5:15-16 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

No comments: