Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Side effects?

I Peter 5:7 Caat all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

You are probably wondering if I am experiencing any side effects from Arimidex which I just started on Monday. Not much yet but I did have a terrible headache yesterday evening. I usually don't have headaches so wondering if this could be a side effect. Headaches is on the list for possible side effects. Also, I've been having alot of pain/tenderness in my left breast. Not sure why that started up. It's not as bad today so maybe it's going away. Pain is in the area of my incision and radiation area. I've not experienced pain there except after surgery and during radiation. Other than that, I'm okay. The nurse practioner told me that it takes time to see what the side effects will be. I'm praying that it will be very minimal.

While I was writing this, my onocologist's office called and they have scheduled me for a mammogram and bone density test. Will be done on March 30. The doctor told me that Arimidex does cause bone loss so I am to take calcium with Vit. D. I am already doing that knowing that chemo also caused bone loss and my primary doctor told me what dosages to take. My grandmother had osteoporosis really bad. I had a bone denisty test done at the chiropracter's office about 2 years ago and things looked good but so many things have happened since then so who knows what my future holds with my bones. But that is okay for I know that the Lord does know and He'll be with me in whatever happens. Thanks for your prayers. Have a great day. Love you......

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

No comments: