Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Doctor's visit

Psalm 118:28-29 This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I saw my family practice dr. yesterday. I actually shaved under my arms for the first time in a long time before I went to see the dr. lol. She said my cholestrol level is down by 20 points and that the good cholestrol is up while the bad is down--all good news. I really didn't do much to change my diet. She wants me to have a bone density test when I have my mammogram which should be done in March. I had a pap smear done so hoping that is normal. Should find out soon.

I am wearing the 'new ' wig now and it's funny to see how people react. Some don't recognize me such as at Brandon's Boy Scout troop --one of the scout masters introduced himself to me thinking I was a new mom. I don't think he knows I had cancer but some of the parents and other scout leaders do. I went to church to work with the kids and several thought it was my natural hair grown back. I wish.....but no.... one young woman had to touch it to see if it was really a wig for she didnt' believe me. Guess that is good!!!! Even the dr. wondered if it was my hair or a wig. She didn't know for sure until she checked me and could feel that it was a wig.

I've been walking 3 times this week but sure makes me tired since I get up so early to walk with my neighbor. We won't be walking the rest of this week since a cold, cold front is coming in tonight. My only problem is feeling so stiff after sleeping or sitting for a while. The doctor thinks it may be from chemo but said to ask my onocologist. Thanks for checking up on me and praying. God has been so good to me this past year as He has been right by my side through all of this. I love Him!!!!

Psalm 121:1-3 I lift up my eyes to the hills---where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth. He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber.

No comments: