Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wig story

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine...

I have a wig story to tell today. When I get home, I usually take off my wig right away for I get tired of wearing it. It gets tight around the head. Sometimes I get lazy and just put it on the bathroom counter instead of putting it on the wig stand in my closet. So, last week , I had my wig on the bathroom counter. My black cat, Munchie, jumped up and started playing with it so I remembered how he messed up my real hair when I had it cut to give to Locks of Love . (He made a big tangled mess with it). I took the wig away from him and put it up. Well, a day or two later, I put my wig again on the bathroom counter. Later on, here comes Munchie carrying my wig in his mouth into the living room It was the funniest looking thing. He seemed so proud of having 'captured' this creature. Luckily for me, he didn't mess it up too bad. Guess I better not leave it lying around anymore.

I am feeling much better from my cold. I do believe people have been praying for me for usually it takes a long time for me to get over a cold. This one didn't get too bad and it's going away quickly. I never really developed much of a cough--just one day of a dry hacking cough. I haven't taken any cold medication in several days now. Thanks for praying.

Today I get my coumadin level checked. I hope it's good. It's been a month since I had it checked. I am hoping the cold medications didn't mess it up.

I am so ready for my hair to grow back. I am tired of wearing my wig and turbans, hats...It's been about 8 months since my hair started falling out. That seems a long time. I didn't think it would take this long for my hair to grow back. I told the boys the other day that maybe I will start going without my turbans and wig but my oldest didin't think that was a good idea---too embarrassing for him. My youngest said he didn't care, he would just tell people that his mom has cancer. Oh, well...I'll wait a little longer. :) thanks for your prayers and love....

ssians 3:1-2 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on eartly things.

No comments: