Monday, January 4, 2010

skin

Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heardy my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

My radiated skin is finally looking so much better. Yippee!!! It is still pink but just slightly. You can still see it; and I hardly have any shirts to wear to church since you can see the radiated area even though the shirts I have aren't that low. I wore one yesterday that tends to show some of the radiated area but I kept pulling it up so it won't show much. Today I bought a new shirt that I can wear--looks like a button down shirt with a thin sweather over it. It doesn't show the radiated area. My mom's friend who had breast cancer and had radiation said to use Vit. E cream to help it heal so I went to 2 stores to buy some. I couldn't find anything that was only Vit. E cream but did find a Gold Bond healing cream that has Vit. E in it. Sure is nice to use that instead of the aloe vera gel--now my clothes won't stick to my skin!!! Larry thinks the lumpectomy scar is looking better too.

I wore the short wig to church and no one said anything--not sure if people recognized me. Probably thought Larry was with another woman--hahaha. We came in a bit late and ended up sitting near the back so probably no one noticed me back there. I wore it shopping for a new shirt today and it came right off when changing shirts. Good thing I was in the dressing room!!! I had a comb with me so was able to fix it up. How funny.....will be glad when my wig days are over.

I had my cholestrol level checked today and will find out results tomorrow when I see my family doctor. I am to have a pap smear tomorrow too--will be the first time since I had a hysterectomy in summer of 2008. The doctor wanted to wait since I was in the middle of treatments when it was time to have a pap smear.

I went walking with my neighbor early this morning. It was the first time to go walking in over a month. It felt good to walk but sure was cold this morning. I bundled up well but sure missed having hair to help my head stay warm. I had two hats on but still was cold in the beginning but after walking awhile I got to sweating so it was okay. Well, thanks for your prayers and encouragement. Love you all.....

Psalm 116:5-6 The Lord is gracious and righteous; Our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.

No comments: