Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday

I Chronicles 16:10-11 Glory to His Holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

I am feeling great these days. It's hard at times to remember that I have cancer but the reality does creep back up. I am thankful to God that I am feeling so well. Yesterday I went shopping for some clothes for myself. I haven't tried on clothes since I started wearing a wig and was a little worried that it might come off as I tried on shirts. lol. Luckily it didn't come off but sure got messed up. Wig hair is synthetic so doesn't lay back down like regular hair when messed up. You really have to comb it of fix it with your hands.

My biggest problem is still the hot flashes. The top of my bald head really gets all sweaty and boy do I want to take off whatever it is I am wearing when the flashes come. If I'm alone, the hat is ripped off so I can get some cool air to it. lol. It's just something I have to endure. Everything that can help has some kind of hormone substance in it and I am not allowed any hormone substances. My cancer likes hormones!!!!

Tonight I am going to a homeschool mom's meeting. I haven't seen most of these people since diagnosed with cancer. I hope it goes well......Today during my quiet time with God, I really reflected on the wonderful ways how He has provided and blessed me during this time. He doesn't promise us that life will always be an easy path but He does promise to walk with us. And wherever we are on our path of life, we can find some kind of blessing. Even if it is just the blessing of having God right with us. God loves us and cares for us at all times. Have a great day.

"He leadeth me beside the still waters." Praying you'll be refreshed today by God's Spirit--the source and supply of every blessing.

No comments: