Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A new friend

I Chronicles 16:8-9 Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.

Last night I went to a homeschool mom's meeting. It went pretty well--good to see many people that I've not seen in a while and several follow my blog so nice to see them too!!!! Thanks for caring, my friends. Anway, right before I left, a lady approached me to ask about golf lessons since my youngest son takes lessons. We discussed it and I mentioned about him doing golf tournaments but couldn't do many due to me taking chemo. It turns out that she had breast cancer too 3 years ago and our treatments are the same, etc. It was so wonderful to meet someone who knows what I'm going through and to see how wonderful she looks. The first thing I noticed was her shoulder length hair. I guess that is what I miss the most--my hair. She was so encouraging and I know we'll be seeing more of each other for our sons are going to take golf lessons together for I called Brandon's instructor and he was happy to teach them both. Hopefully this boy and brandon will get along great too. The mom and I hit it off right away. This is an answer to a prayer of mine. I'm so excited!!! God is so good!!!

I went to the chemo clinic today to take Herceptin. My husband let me go by myself so this was the first time alone there. I know all the nurses now and it almost seems like you are visiting family. lol. I took my cross-stitch project to keep my busy. Luckily, it didnt' take long so I was there only for 1 hour 15 minutes. I take chemo next Tuesday and my nurse said that the Taxol alone will probably take about 3 hours!!!! I guess it will be a long day.......Oh, well......that is a part of my life now but it won't be long and chemo will be over!!!! I finally got an appt. with a new dr. for me. My onocologist wants me to have a primary care dr. and I met this lady dr. back in May and she doesn't take new patients but said she would take me. I have procrastinated in making an appt. but finally I did and they weren't sure she would take me but they called today to tell me she would see me!!! yea. Thank you Lord!!!! I need to be picky for I wanted to be sure I would find a dr. that will be really interested in my breast health and this lady does care about that area!!! My appt won't be until late next month but that is fine with me. I'm in no hurry....lol. Well, have a great day and thanks for all of your prayers. It is so good to be covered in prayer.

Proverbs 17:22a A cheerful heart is good medicine.....

No comments: