Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tests

Jeremiah 7:7-8 But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes, its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

Today I go to the hospital to have an echocardiogram which is a sound wave test of the heart. So why are they testing my heart? The Adriamycin chemo drug is hard on the heart and the Herceptin which I start next week is also hard on the heart so I will be having an echocardiogram every three months to be sure my heart is working okay. If any problems, then the medication will be stopped. I am not worried about the test for I feel that all is well. My heart has been healthy so I think it will still be healthy. Of course, all these meds might eventually wear my out heart so down the road of life, I could experience problems but I pray that won't be the case. I also go to have my blo0d drawn for a coumadin level test. I am hoping it's great and they can go to testing every 3 weeks instead of every 2. Their goal is to get it to every 4 weeks. I am going tomorrow to visit my mom which is a 2 hour drive away. I'll be back Thursday--short trip but that is what happens when you have a kid who is working so has to be back home for his job. Thanks again for your prayers. Love you all.......

Lamentations 3:22 Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

No comments: