Tuesday, August 18, 2009

weekend trip

Isaiah 43:2-3 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, you God, the Holy one of Israel, your Savior.

This past weekend, we went to my sister's and to Sea World. On Sat., my nephew had his Eagle scout ceremony and right afterwards, my legs started to hurt like I had been hiking for a long time. I don't know if chemo did that or what. Chemo can cause muscle and bone pain so maybe it was the cause--guess I'll know if it happens again after my next chemo. Anyway, I had to deal with leg pain all weekend. We went to Sea World on Sunday. I had a funny incident happen at Sea World.....I was in line for a roller coaster ride and the kids told me that they couldn't believe I was actually going to ride a roller coaster. I love roller coasters and couldn't understand why they thought I shouldn't ride one. I wasn't feeling sick and it wouldn't hurt my legs so wasn't quite understanding their thoughts. Well, it turned out that they were concerned that I would lose my wig...lol....well, I hadn't considered that. I wanted to go anyway so just held onto my hair. Brandon sat next to me and would put his hand on top of my head to help out. It was funny and I didn't lose it but sure messed it up. I didn't ride the other roller coaster. Everyone went to the water park but I didn't want to get my wig wet so just stayed out and read a book and sweated--it was so hot!!!!! I got to rest alot at Sea World for we saw all of the shows so was sitting down quite a bit. My feet hurt by the time we went home but probably would have anyway whether I was on chemo or not. We came home on Monday (my legs weren't hurting much by then but my feet still were) and I had to have blood drawn so went there right away. Then we packed Sarah's stuff up and moved her into her apt where she will live during this next college year. I helped her unpack and took her grocery shopping then went home. Whew, I was so tired when we got home----soaked my feet in some good hot water.

Today I went to the chemo outpatient clinic and had Herceptin infused. I was there only for 1 1/2 hours this time. Yea!!!! I haven't had any kind of kind of side effects from it yet. I'm not really expecting any so that is good. Hope you all had a nice weekend. Now it's time for school to start which we did today. Busy, busy, busy........thanks for all of your prayers. Love you all....

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, his greatness no one can fathom...

No comments: