Monday, August 31, 2009

Day before chemo (and note to Lisa)

I Chronicles 16:11 Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.

Today I went to have blood drawn to be sure my blood levels are okay to receive chemo tomorrow. When I was leaving the building, another lady was leaving at the same time and she was following behind me as we walked to our cars. Then she started talking to me and saying "You have such pretty hair." I just wanted to laugh and tell her it was a wig but I didn't, just said "thank you". It's nice to have a stranger say something nice about your wig. You never really know if your friends are just being nice or they really think the wig is nice. It made me feel good.

Tomorrow I have chemo --my 6th treatment. Larry is going to leave me there but my stepmom is coming to bring me lunch and then a friend is coming in the afternoon to visit while I have the chemo. Should be a long day.....I always hate that. The staff at the dr's office and chemo clinic are getting to know me now. They always call me by name whenever I first walk in the office or if I see them in the lobby, etc. That tells me that I am there way too much. lol. Oh, well, that is part of having cancer treatments. I need to get them to call me by my first name instead of by the last name. Makes me feel so old. lol. Pray that the chemo treatment goes well and that I'm not too sick. I did well last time and I'm hoping it will be the same this time espeically since I have a busy schedule this week. Love and hugs to you all.

Note to Lisa--my chemo angel---I received your funny card with the bald men riding the roller coaster. I had to laugh for it reminded me of the time I went to Sea World and was worried that my wig might fly off when riding the roller coaster. I would have ended up looking like those men. hahaha. Thanks for the card.

Nehemiah 8:10b Do not grieve for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

1 comment:

US said...

Hi Kelly,
It was so good to see you at MNO. You really do look good. I am so glad you are felling pretty good, too. That is an answer to prayer.
Annette