Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chemo day 1

Nehemiah 9:28b And when they cried out to your again you heard from heaven, and in your compassion you delivered them time after time.

Today I had my 6th chemo treatment. It lasted shorter than the last time but still seemed so long for I was there about 5 hours and 15 minutes. I saw people come and go but I just stayed....lol. When I was at the doctor's office, the PA told me that my white blood count had gone down too low--she was actually looking at the lymphocytes and said I will probably need the neulasta shot. The doctor agreed and I was not too happy about it for it will make me feel so sore and yucky and make me want to be in bed but I have so much to do on Thursday. But you have to do what you must. Right after I got down to the chemo clinic, the PA called my nurse and said that she had looked at the wrong white blood cell count for she was to look at the neutrafils and it was okay. Yea. That means I don't need the neulast shot after all. Praise God--He is so good. They give me Benadryl and that really made me druggy and sleepy today. I was about to fall asleep when my sister called so we had a nice visit. Then my stepmom came with my lunch--yummy--and she stayed for an hour. She knew I was sleepy and told me to go ahead and sleep but I hate to do that when I have a visitor. As she was leaving, my new friend, Erica, came to visit. She's the one who had cancer three years ago. She brought me a book to read about living with breast cancer. Looks like a great book. We have so much in common and it is so great to talk to someone who has experienced this journey. There is a breast cancer support group meeting this coming thursday and I am hoping she'll come with me. I've only been once and that was right after I was diagnosed. All the other times I couldn't go due to either chemo, surgery, etc. I am wanting to go this time if I feel okay.

Anyway, I came home after running a few errands and I was still so sleepy so went straight to bed. Larry couldn't even wake me up for dinner for I was really out of it. That is very unsual for I can be quite a light sleeper. I woke up right after they finished dinner so then ate my dinner. Then back to bed to sleep some more. They woke me up for dessert--Larry was craving cherry pie and ice cream so bought it at the store. It was okay for store bought pie. Anyway, I am now awake but ready for bed soon again. lol. I have more to say but will save it for tomorrow--so check it out tomorrow too!!!! Thanks for your prayers---I told Erica that I do believe it's all the prayers that have been lifted up on my behalf that causes me to have a just a few side effects. I am very fortunate and I will praise God for that!!!! Love you all.....

I Chronicles 16:25 For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; He is to be feared about all gods.

No comments: