Wednesday, September 23, 2009

chemo day 2

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you always, he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen our frame.

Today I went to see my primary care doctor--first time to see her. My other doctors tell me that it's time to have a primary care doctor. She was really nice and so were her nurses. She doesn't really take new patients but she was highly recommended to me by another doctor then I met her at the Relay for Life and she agreed to take me on. Today she told me one reason was that I looked like a nice lady and I told her that I am nice. lol. I asked her about medications for hot flashes that are not estrogen related and she recommended 3 (one is really for high blood pressure, one for seizures, and one is an anti -depressant). She has used them with other breast cancer patients who are unable to use estrogen. She wants me to check with my onocologist and the coumadin clinic to see if I can take one of them, probably the high blood pressure since I don't have depression. Also, she wants me to have a colonoscopy--yucky!!! She says I am at the right age to have it and sometimes they see breast cancer patients get colon cancer too. Oh, great..... Anyway, she wants it soon so I am to see the gastro dr. in Oct.

Today I feel really tired. I did not sleep well last night so that is 2 nights now that I've not slept well. I usually don't sleep well the night I have chemo --due to the decadron. I wanted to nap today but was so busy with going to the dr. and working with the boys on school work. I finally got to lay down around 5 pm (for only 25 minutes) since a meal was delivered to me so I didn't have to do any cooking. Thanks CJ and Melissa. My cheeks have been really flushed today. Sometimes I have some flushing after getting chemo but it was really red today and warm feeling. I took my temperature twice to be sure I didn't have any fever, but no, I was normal. Anyway, I am really tired so should go on to bed. Thanks for praying...Love you all. I missed being at church tonight but hung out with my daughter which was fun.

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.

No comments: