Tuesday, September 22, 2009

chemo day 1 (treatment 7)

II Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

I had chemo plus saw the onocologist. I was able to get Benedryl taken off of my treatment plan. It makes me so drowsy but mainly I hate the druggy feeling that I get. He says I really don't need it now so he took it away. Yea!!!! Also, they highly recommended the flu shot so even though I really hoped not to take it, I went ahead and took it. I've never taken the flu shot before. He wants me to have the H1N1 shot too when it comes out. He says it would really be bad for me get the flu. My white blood count was normal today but just last Monday it was low so the chemo does bring it down for at least several days.

I was alone today for my chemo(was there for 6 1/2 hours). My husband dropped me off so he could go on to work. I usually have visitors and someone will usually bring me lunch but not today. I brought my lunch with me. Good thing too for they usually carry sandwiches there but only had 2 and there were 2 other patients there today that wanted the sandwiches. I don't like their sandwiches anyway. I took a book and read the whole book (Mom, one of the ones you gave me). I also took my 'Are you smarter than a 5th grader' hand held game that my chemo angel gave me. After awhile, my brain got tired of thinking--lol--but it was fun and so educational too. I didn't bring enough stuff to do this time. I could see the TV but couldn't hear it. I tried calling seveal people but no one was home....what a day--boring!!! Since I didnt' take the Benedryl, I wasn't sleepy enough to sleep. Now I am tired and ready to take a nap. I'm not feeling too great this evening. Hard to explain exactly what is wrong--just feel yucky. Maybe from the flu shot? Brandon is fixing dinner then I think after dinner I am going to rest in bed....maybe fall asleep. I didn't sleep well last night. Well, am happy to have number 7 treatment behind me now. Only one left--yea!!!! Thanks for your prayers. Love you...

II Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseein is eternal.

No comments: