Thursday, September 24, 2009

chemo day 3

John 14:1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.

Today has not been a good day for me. It is the first time I've had fever since taking chemo. I have low grade temp plus headache and muscle aches. I had a slight sore throat when I first woke up but was feeling fine so thought maybe I had slept with my mouth opened or something. lol I went ahead and walked early this morning with my neighbor--good walk too. About 11 am, I started feeling bad and laid down to rest right after lunch--I needed to work with Brandon on school but just couldn't do it. He woke me up to take them into town to volunteer with Bible backyard clubs. I sure was wishing today that Christopher had his driver's license....maybe soon. Anyway, I went to a couple of stores that I needed to go to but then went on home. I usually stay in town all day on Thursdays but I knew I just couldn't do it today. My husband is so good and got off a little early to come home to get the boys basketball practice clothes then picked them up--Brandon had a dr's appt. and then took them to basketball practice. I stayed home and slept and rested. Luckily, Melissa brought over another meal today so I didn't have to worry about fixing any dinner. Thanks Melissa--perfect timing. I am tired so am going on to bed--early for me but when you are sick, rest is the best thing. Sure could use extra prayers today for I really don't want to get too sick. I am thinking that since I just had chemo and my white blood cells were normal right before chemo, that I might have enough to fight this infection. It takes a few days for the blood cell count to go down. I don't know if this is from the flu shot that I had or from Christopher who got sick just 5 days ago . Even though we did what we could to keep him from exposing me, it is just hard when you live in the same house. Thanks for your prayers.

John 14:13-14 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

No comments: