Thursday, September 3, 2009

chemo day 3

Philipppians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Today has been a long day and I am ready to crawl into bed. I was able to get some good sleep last night, however, I woke up way too early and was restless so got up at 5 am. Around 8 am I developed a headache and felt that my throat was getting sore. I thought, "oh, no...I can't get sick for I don't have the white blood cells to help me out". I decided that my health was more important than doing housework or grading papers, so took a 2 hour morning nap. I knew I had a busy day in town so needed all the rest I could get. I am a person that has a hard time resting when I feel half way decent, so it was good that I felt at peace just taking that rest. I had the headache on and off all day but my throat feels okay. I am exhausted though.... I ran all kinds of errands and went grocery shopping today but the most exciting thing I did was to go to a breast cancer support group. I went once right after I was diagnosed (back in April) but hadn't been able to go since either due to having surgery, chemo, or out of town. The radiologist who reads mammograms, etc. is the one who runs the group along with someone who works with her. She saw that I was there at the meeting and told the group about me having the MRI and the importance of why it should be done. So many doctors don't think it needs to be done but I am living proof that it is important since they found a cancerous lymph node inside my breast that was not picked up by mammogram nor sonogram. If it hadn't been found, I would have another occurance of breast cancer and have to do the treatments all over. I talked to the radiologist afterwards to tell her of my negative experience with my gyn dr. who had said no to having the the MRI and thought it was a waste of time and money. I was a little teary eyed as she told my story to the group. I am so thankful to God that the MRI was done and the lymph node discovered.

October is Breast cancer awarenss month so lots of activities are planned in our town. I plan to attend the pink ribbon walk. I think my friend, Erica , who is a breast cancer survivor is going to walk with me. Well, I am really tired and must go to bed. Thanks for your prayers. Love you..

Psalm 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

1 comment:

MAAM said...

I'm glad you had the MRI too my friend. :)

Take care of yourself - you can't be an energizer bunny all the time. you need to take care you sometimes. I'm glad you took your nap.