Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday

Matthew 6: 33-34 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. therefore do not worry about tomorrow , for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I love the verse I wrote today--has been one that I have clinged to for years. I try not to worry about my future when it comes to cancer. I read in the paper today of a woman 41 years old who died with breast cancer. That hit home and for a few seconds, I thought of myself but then remembered that God is in control of my life and when it's time for me to go 'home' then He will let me know and what a beautiful home it will be. But in the meantime, I am to seek Him first!!!

I had Herceptin yesterday and it went so well. My nurse had everything ready to go so this time I was only there for one hour instead of 2 hours like last week. I was quite pleased. I will have my last chemo 4 weeks from yesterday. What a day that will be !!! Celebrate!!!! :) I can see the end of chemo coming!!! Right now I am feeling pretty good--no pain or unusual tiredness. I will be having chemo next Tuesday--my 7th treatment.

Last night I was watching 'Touch by an Angel' and it was about a farming town of people complaining about being in a drought. The angels (Monica and Tess) reminded them of the blessings God has poured on them and then asked them if they ever thanked God for when they did have rain (no they bragged on how their fertiliezer, etc helped them have good crops). Made me think that I need to remember the blessings God showers on me and to be thankful for what He has given and done for me and not to be complaining. Once that town started helping each other in their needs, the rain came. Good lesson. Thanks to all who are praying for me and checking up on me. I do appreciate you all. Love you....

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments: