Monday, September 21, 2009

More hair loss

Job 2:10b Shall we accept good from God and not trouble?

With this new chemo, I realized that I am losing more hair. My head is already bald but I am losing my eyelashes and eyebrows. I can hardly put on any mascara anymore. I thought about using eyebrow pencil and believe it not, I got my daughter to show me how to use it. She is in drama and they use all kinds of makeup. She suggested not to worry about it since with my wig, you really can't see my eyebrows anyway. Whatever....I also bought some eyeliner and guess I coud use that instead of mascara. I will experiment with it. lol. Also, (since I think mainly women read this I will share the next loss). I have lost most of my pubic hair. The one place where hair seems to really cling on is my arms. How funny.

I am having numb toes these past few days. It's part of the side effects of the chemo. I have one on each foot and it feels funny when I walk especially barefooted.

Today I had blood drawn to check blood levels plus my coumadin level. The coumadin level is finally where it needs to be. Now I can wait for 2 weeks to go back to have that checked. I have talked to 2 ladies since yesterday (one was the nurse who drew my blood for coumadin level) about hot flashes. Both are having lots of problems too. We shared things we've tried but luckily for them , they can take hormone substance like things whereas I can't. It's something we have to live with at times....

Tomorrow is chemo #7!!! Almost done. I am going to see if I really have to take the Benedryl IV for it makes me feel druggy which I hate. We'll see....thanks for your prayers. Love you all. \\

Luke 17:19 Then he said to him, "Rise and go, your faith has made your well."

No comments: