Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chemo day 2 ( & note to AnaMarie)

I John 5:14-15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.

So far, this round of chemo is going well. I have not been sick and in fact, I'm not even taking the anti-nausea pills that I have. I just felt that I didn't need them. Yesterday I was wiped out from the Benedryl that was given to me but then by night time, it wore off. They also gave me Decadron which is a cortisone and it made me hyper, jittery, and I couldn't sleep anymore. I was awake most of the night. I know I most of dozed some but very little. I did okay during the day but about 5:00, I was ready to crash plus I had a headache. However, I really wanted to go to church so I took a couple of power naps which helped get rid of the headache, but still tired. I am going to bed as soon as I post this. I couldn't believe that I felt so well and even did laundry, graded school papers, and took my boys to the eye doctor. But, I know that in a couple of days, the chemo will take effect and my legs will probably start hurting so I'm trying to enjoy the days I have now to get things done.

Yesterday when at the doctor's, I asked him about taking flaxseed to help with the hot flashes since that is one of the biggest problems I have. He said it was okay but he also told me to get Oil of Evening Primrose. Now why didn't he suggest that before when I mentioned that I had hot flashes and he said I just needed to deal with it. I had to call the coumadin clinic to see if it was okay for me to take the Primrose. It turns out that it can cause a risk of bleeding but they said I could take it but had to be monitored more closely so I said that was fine for I really would love to get rid of these hot flashes. I had my blood checked yesterday and it was low so I'm not too worried. I had to take an extra coumadin pill anyway just to try to get it to where it needed to be. I started taking the primrose today and we'll see if it works. I sure hope so. Pray for me that it works.

Well, thanks again for reading these posts and keeping up with my journey through this path of cancer. God has been so good to me. He's an awesome God. Thanks for your prayers.

Note to AnaMarie: thanks my chemo angel for the note today. You were so encouraging to me knowing that you have been down this same journey and you are doing just fine. I pray that you continue to do well. Love you.....

I Chronicles 16:10-11 Glory in His Holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength, seek his face always.

No comments: