Monday, September 28, 2009

Home from trip

Psalm 145:17-19 The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

Yesterday my husband and I took our boys to a Worldview leadership camp which took us 5 hours in driving time. We took different routes in going and coming back. It made a long day for us. It actually wasn't as bad on me as I thought it might be. I took Tylenol 3 times during the day to help keep the bone pain in my legs at bay. Most of the time, it worked until evening then my legs just wanted to keep hurting. I guess by then, they were just tired of being in the truck. (We had to take my husband's pick up truck instead of my nice comfortable Excursion but the Excursion is in the shop). I thought I might get really sleepy but it wasn't too bad either and I never really took a nap. We spent some nice time together while traveling. My stomach problems didn't bother me much either so was able to eat out. We went to one of my favorite places, Cracker Barrel!!! Yummy!!!

Today I am having leg pain still and the numbness in my toes and ball of my feet are still there. Just something to tolerate. Also, having some of that same digestive problem I had the other day. I had blood drawn this morning and had extra things ordered from my primary care dr. so had to go in early since some of it needed to be fasting so no eating breakfast before I went. I talked with the nurse about trying one of the medications that my primary dr. suggested to use for hot flashes. We are going to try the blood pressure medication but I have to take my blood pressure every day and call it in to the nurse to be sure it doesn't drop my blood pressure too low. I hope it works. If not, there are 2 others to try. Today I plan to enjoy my time without my boys at home!!!! Cleaning (if my legs will take it) and catching up on school work. My mom and I are planning to go on a mini-vacation on Wednesday through Friday. Will go to a state park near the camp where the boys are. We pick them up on Friday morning so that way, we'll be close and won't be such a long day of driving. Thanks for your prayers.

Psalm 123:8 Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments: