Thursday, September 10, 2009

Journal

Proverbs 4:11-12 I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

I received a beautiful gift yesterday that I want to share with you. First, let me explain that I am participating in a program called "Chemoangels" where I have 2 'angels' that have been assigned to me to write me to encourage me through my journey of chemotherapy. That is why they are called chemoangels. Both of my angels are sweet and very encouraging in their different ways. One is younger and she just tickles me with her joy and enthusiasm. She loves to put together packages full of little things for me. Sometimes it is themed like a beach one, and then I had a garden one and the last one had alot of pink in it. She gives me all kinds of things from jewelry, books, nail polish, craft things, stationary, etc. Thanks Lisa for all you do!!!!

My other angel had cancer before so she can relate. She loves to do scrapbooking so makes me very creative and beautiful cards. I have these cards all over my house--I just counted 20 cards that she has made!!!! Well, yesterday she sent me a journal that she creatively made. Oh, so beautiful. I just almost cried when I looked at each page and read the verses, and other things. I know that it must have taken lots of time and effort to do this. I took pictures of each page and will share a few here. Something I will always treasure. What a precious thing to give. Thank you so much Ann Marie!!!

I love both of these angels and pray for them too. They are both so supportive, giving and loving!! I will miss them when my chemo is over. Hopefully we can keep in contact. It is nice to have this kind of support since chemo does take time, it is nice to have someone who still thinks of you and sends cards, gifts, etc. There is another lady who knows my mom and she sends me a computer postcard that she makes every single week. Isn't that sweet. My mom says it is her gift to encourage others in that way. I've only met her once and that was couple of years ago. You just never know who God is going to put into your life to support you and encourage until you are in a position of hard times. God uses themd to lift us up and boy, have these people lifted me up. Of course there are many people who have been around to support me in my time of need like a neighbor who pays to have a meal delivered each time I have chemo. I've known her for several years but not that close to her. It is a delight to see who God uses. Thanks to all of you have been there for me. I love you all and the best thing is your prayers.

With God, every day is a day to hope for the very best--to believe our prayers are being heard, to have faith good news is on its way, and to know that anything can happen between yesterday and tomorrow. (from a card I received)

No comments: