Tuesday, September 29, 2009

exciting news

Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Seveal months ago I was asked to share my story about getting a MRI and it showing the cancerous breast lymph node and how it changed my treatment plan. It was shared on a website that is about encouraging medical imaging and having it funded, etc. Anyway, I was called yesterday to go to Washington, DC to share my story to legislators for an advocacy event. All my expenses would be paid!!! I'm to be there on Oct. 13-14. Well, Oct. 13 was to be my last chemo day but I called the doctor's office today and was able to get it posponed to Oct. 16. It is exciting yet scary. I'm not one to talk much in front of a crowd but I do know my story and am passionate about it. I just hope they don't ask questions. I think this group is like a lobby type group for medical imaging. Apparently, this health reform is wanting to cut medicare and rural funding for MRI, Cat Scans , etc. This group is wanting ordinary people to share stories how these imagings changed their life. Maybe this is what God wants me to do. Pray that I am able to do this. I am also scared of traveling alone especially in airports but I know that God will be with me and will help me do what needs to be done. I will keep you updated on the details of this trip. I wasn't able to call the lady who called me since I didn't get permission from my doctor until late afternoon. Is this exciting or what?
You can check out the website at www.rightscanrighttime.org
Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust in Him and I am helped.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Kelly ... What a great opportunity!! You will be empowered when the time comes, so don't fear. I'll be interceding for you along with many others. Love, Trish

KK said...

OH!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! What a blessing I know this will be to all those whose lives are touched because of your willingness to do this! God is working through you! Know that we have you covered in prayer!
please let me know if there's anything else you need help with!
Blessings,
KK