Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday

James 5:16b The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

I was talking with a friend the other day who had breast cancer and she was amazed that I go out all the time for her doctor had forbidden her to go out to the stores, church, etc. I am told not to be in large crowds but I really don't heed that instruction. I've been doing fine and God has protected me from getting colds, etc. I don't worry very much about it. If i hear that someone is sick, I dont' want to be near them...especially when I hear that someone in my family is sick. This is the season of people getting sick so I'm wondering if I should be more careful. I'm not on the neulasta shots anymore (yea) but I know my blood count does get low, not dangerously low , but still low enough that a cold might set me back. I just get so busy with my kids and their activities that I don't give it a second thought. Plus, most of the time I'm feeling pretty good. Just keep praying that I stay healthy!!!

One month today I will be taking my last chemo!!! Almost hard to believe that the end is in sight!!! At least one part of my treatments!!! Since my coumadin level has been running low these past few weeks, I thought maybe I am eating too much salad so have decided not to eat salads for lunch. I usually eat a bowl of just salad at lunch to help with my dieting but I want to see if that is why my level is down. Oh, well...there are other ways to diet....right. :) Thanks for all of your prayers. I am feeling pretty good this weekend. I got really tired on Thursday but since then, I'm okay. My energy is almost back!!!! I do have to rest in between chores or activities but I'm not so fatigued that I don't want to do a thing like I felt on Thursday. And Thursdays are my busy day in town so that was hard on me. I know that God will give me the strength I need to carry on. Love you all......

Psalm 116:5-6 The Lord is gracious and righteous; Our God is full of compassion. the Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.

No comments: