Friday, September 25, 2009

chemo day 4

Psalm 147:1,3 Praise the Lord! How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise Him! He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Prayers were answered!!!! I felt so much better today but it was an up and down day. No fever ! I had a slight headache off and on. In the morning, I felt pretty well and even my boys commented that I seemed normal but by lunch I was wearing down. I did some schooling with the boys then had to crash on the couch to take a short nap. By early evening, I had energy enough to bake a cake for Christopher's birthday celebration (his birthday is next week but he will be at camp). Then had to rest some more then was able to cook dinner with Brandon helping. Luckily for me, Brandon enjoys cooking so he has been quite helpful. My enegry level is getting low again but it's nearly bedtime anyway. I am thinking that maybe the fever was due to the flu shot. I don't feel like I am getting a cold --no sore throat or nasal congestion.

Usually I start to get some chemo effects about this time. Today I started having some increased numbness in my toes. I had just a little bone pain in my arm but not bad. I am just so happy that I had a much better day. I was able to stay home all day which was nice. Thanks for praying. I am hoping tomorrow won't be too bad. By the way, I haven't had many hot flashes lately so am wondering if maybe the oil of evening primrose is starting to work. I haven't called the onocologist with the suggested medications for hot flashes from my primary care doctor. I would rather use the oil of evening primrose than the other medications but anything will be nice just to get rid of the hot flashes. I will see what happens over the weekend before deciding whether to call the onocologist. Love you all.....

Psalm 116:5-6 The Lord is gracious and righteous; Our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simple hearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.

No comments: