Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday

Deuteronomy 33:27a The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms....

I am finally feeling more energetic which is great but I am experiencing some bone pain in my legs. Sometimes it feels sharp but usually dull. I was able to go walking this morning and walk the whole 2 miles but there was a moment I thought I would have to make it a shorter walk. Today I had to go in to have Herceptin. All went well. Luckily I don't have side effects from it. It just takes time--I was there for 2 hours today. It was the first time I saw the chemo clinic full--one person had to wait in the waiting room for an available chair. I go in every Tuesday to have Herceptin.

Tonight I went to play Bunco with some ladies that live in my area. Most of them are older and retired. There was one lady there who is only 3 years older than me and she was also diagnosed with breast cancer the month after me but she only had a mastectomy. She just recently had some reconstruction done. I am glad that I didn't have to have the mastectomy but she was quite happy to have smaller 'boobs' and a tummy tuck (they took some of her stomach muscle and skin to do the reconstruction). That would have been nice....but still glad I didn't have to go through the surgery. It is so interesting to see how each person with cancer has different treatments or how they are affected differently by the chemo or radiation. God made each of us so unique. God will help each one go through whatever journey they must take whether it is cancer or some other type of hardship in our life. God is holding my hand as I travel my journey. He will hold yours too. Praise God!!!

Isaiah 43:2-3 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, teeh Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.

No comments: