Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday

Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.

Yesterday, Aug. 19, was our 3oth wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe we've been married that long but we have. We had wanted to go to Switzerland for our anniversary but with the cancer, we decided not to do it at this time. Larry had asked to take off this week way back in Jan. not knowing that I would have cancer. I just pray that I will be around long enough to celebrate many more wedding anniversaries. Only God knows our future so I am to live one day at a time, trusting Him with my life.

I've had no side effects that I can tell with the herceptin which I'm so thankful for since I will be taking it for a year. I met a woman at the chemo clinic that has been taking it for 2 years and she thinks she might have to have it for the rest of her life. She doesn't look that old and I don't know the prognosis of her cancer but she was diagnosed 2 years ago. Today I go get my blood check for the coumadin level. Hope it's not bad for I forgot to take it on Tuesday...shame on me. When I feel good, I forget about medications.....I still do not have all the energy I would like but it's not bad. I got short of breath yesterday after we ate dinner (for our anniversary we went to Red Lobster) then went walking around the mall. I've not gotten short of breath before---hopefully it was due to a very full tummy. lol. Thanks for your prayers. I know that is what keeps me going. God does hear prayers. Love you all.....

Isaiah 25:1 O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

2 comments:

MAAM said...

Happy Anniversary. I'd forgotten you got married in kindergarten!

Kelly said...

You are so funny!!! I wasn't even a teenager but older, barely!!!