Friday, July 10, 2009

bad news but maybe it wil be okay

Deuteronomy 20:3 Hear, O Israel, today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be faint-hearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory

Throughout this journey, I've been doing pretty good. I've hardly broken down to cry or worry too much but yesterday, we were hit with news that nearly blew me over and I cried. We received a bill from the dr's office saying we owe thousands of dollars and after checking it out, it was showing that insurance did not pay for the neulasta shot (to keep white blood count from going too low). That shot costs $5700. I've had 2 shots. I didn't look at the insurance claims right and didn't notice that they weren't paying. I wouldn't have had the 2nd shot if I had known or would have called insurance. Anyway, I worried about it through the first half of the night and then, just gave it to God. I called insurance this morning and they haven't denied it completely. It's a medication that needs authorization prior to being given (I thought the dr's office had called) and they also need my medical records to verify that I need the medication. They have sent a notice saying that they need the medical records. I am going to the dr's office today to get blood drawn to check my blood counts so will question them about whether they sent the medical records and to be sure to call prior to giving me any new medications--I have a new one coming up in August. So, there is hope that insurance will come through and pay for it. Please pray that they will pay.

I am starting to get mouth sores. My tongue is still bothering me but not as much. Chemo does cause mouth problems. The mouth sores aren't too bad yet but am using a water/hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse. It is bothersome but could be worse. I am hoping it won't get too bad. I went grocery shopping yesterday and it really exhausted me. Guess I just have trouble doing big chores like that but I actually like grocery shopping. Well, thanks for your prayers and concerns. Love you all..... (Heather & KK--enjoyed seeing you both yesterday)

Psalm 31z'24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

No comments: